Covid-19 has presented a challenge to each and everyone of us.
Because of the uncertainty associated with the Covid-19 situation and the possible risks that it implies, we have been forced to take extraordinary measures.
- Instead of sending volunteers, we have decided to send learning material and food packages to help the children in need. Among the study materials there are booklets, memory cards sets, reading books, etc. The delivery of these material was possible thanks to ur heads of projects and education, who carefully designed and developed all the study material to make as durable and interesting as possible. Some of the material has already arrived to Ghana and is on its way to other countries we are helping as well.
- The pictures shown below are from the kids from Ghana with their new PIECES booklets !!!
- Food packages have also been sent to countries such as Brazil, where, due the corona pandemic, food packages were the main priority. This is another way we found to help in countries where education material was not useful, since schools are still closed.
- We have organized online events such as the Tombola to raise funds and keep PIECES active, all while abiding to the security measures. These event have been such a success that we have decided to make them a recurring PIECES event
- We are actively working on choosing new projects locations in places where in-person teaching is possible and where volunteers are ensured a safe environment
Learn more how is Covid-19 affecting our current projects and what we are doing about it undert the following link
- Case: Zambia
PIECES' main goal is to spread education, however, we must also to ensure the safety of our members and volunteers. We are adapting ourselves as best as we can to the current challenges and working on developing new ideas on how to keep going as an organization.
Thank you for your understanding.