- Covid impact:
Due to the worldwide pandemic, also Nekacheya school is affected. Since Zambia is struggling with the effects of Covid 19, the government has taken measures to prevent a further spread of the virus by enforcing certain restrictions. Therefore, Nekacheya school has had to implement the daily measurement of fever for its pupils, which PIECES provided clinical thermometers for. Furthermore, our partner school is currently renewing parts of the school, aiming at providing bigger classrooms for the reason of maintaining more distance but also coping with the increasing number of students the school is facing.
- More info on the project:
This is a beautiful project where you will have the opportunity to impact someone else's life and develop some of your personal skills in the process. Have a look at what our Volunteers have to say about the experience
- “You are invited to influence the lives of these kids in a very meaningful way and can help them personally as well as academically.” – Jovin Koller – volunteer 2018 winter
- Es hat mich gefreut zu sehen, wie motiviert, lernwillig und vor allem wie viel Energie die Kinder haben. Für mich persönlich konnte ich in vielen Hinsichten profitieren. – Elena, 2018 winter
- The thankfully children and the completely different african way of life was very impressive to me. […] You will certainly not regret it and you will learn as much from the people there as they learn from you. – Winter 2018
- The children got to know us volunteers from a very different cultural background, and we got to know them, their way of living, their way of thinking. I believe this also is a main takeaway of the project for both the children and the volunteers which we will keep as a lasting experience. – volunteers, Winter 2016